[Go&LearNet] Go&Learn for educational trainers (Finished)
The Go& LearNet initiative focuses on non formal training and updating methodologies aimed at learning mediators (trainers, teachers, school managers, education counsellors), favouring a direct contact with the economy fabric of a territory in order to identify competences, technologies and innovation requested by companies and include them within education, training and guidance programmes for students (indirect beneficiaries of the project) of VET, primary/secondary school and university. Main aim of the Go&LearNET project is the transfer into the education system of the Go&Learn model, developed in the Friuli Venezia Giulia region and tested at European level within the Leonardo da Vinci Project “Thematic Networks “Go&Learn - An international catalogue of study visits in SMEs” (see www.goandlearn.eu), which consists in the implementation of training thematic seminars and economic discovery visits carried out in companies of six European countries.
The objectives of the project were:
- support the development and enhancement of networks between the education system (schools, VET and university) and the economic fabric of a territory represented by local companies;
- adaptation of teaching contents and methods to the training and professional needs of companies and labour/professional world;
- experiment non formal training activities for teachers and trainers through thematic seminars and economic discovery visits in local companies, proposing to include this typology of training within teachers' refresher courses recognized by national school administrations;
- employ the experience made by teachers during the seminars in company to improve teaching and guidance methods, valorising the technical and transversal competences requested by companies, and supporting the subsequent employment of students.
The project last 2 years (October 2013- September 2015).
The work plan was the following:
- General Coordination, Monitoring and Quality Evaluation (WP1)
- Go&Learn Concept analysis, implementation and adaptation in relation to the specific needs of the project target groups (above all teachers and trainers) and to the characteristics of the regions/companies involved (WP2)
- Experimentation of regional/interregional piloting in- company seminars and validation of the non formal training model applied to training of trainers (WP3)
- Organization and/or implementation of local cooperation networks for dissemination and valorisation of the innovation transfer carried out by the project, applying a shared reference standard for the “Go& LearNET seminars in company” (WP4)
Each regional partnership is made up by:
- a "core partner" in charge for: organization/management of the seminars; preparation, maintenance and updating of the catalogue; organization and logistic/pedagogical support to the visiting groups; control over the application of the Go&Learnet standards; promotion of the initiative and identification of a network of suitable training companies to include in the catalogue; formalization of agreements that define the commitments of companies to the participants and the body which organizes the seminar;
- a network of promoters (Region/Province local administrations, Regional school administrations, Schools, VETs, universities etc.) in charge of dissemination and valorisation of the catalogue among target groups (associated partners). They will identify and involve teachers, trainers, counsellors, favouring their participation in the in-company seminars, testing the catalogues through piloting seminars.
The trainer's training catalogues developed, available in the www.goandlearn.eu website, are:
Go&Learnet Friuli Venezia Giulia catalogue
Go&Learnet CONSTANCE catalogue
Go&Learnet Area Metropolitana Bologna catalogue
Go&Learnet KONIA catalogue
Go&Learnet MARCHE catalogue
Go&Learnet SAVINJSKA catalogue
Go&Learnet UMBRIA catalogue
TOI GO&LEARNET - "GO & LEARN FOR EDUCATIONAL TRAINERS"
2013-1-IT1- LEO05- 03971
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.